Saturday, December 19, 2009







Today was another low key day. I think we are gearing up for a wild time on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Rich and Marcelo played serious hide and seek and they took a bunch of pictures of our house we have been renting. The one is a picture of his room he sleeps in and the other of him is the back where the laundry is washed and then hung to dry.
I got to fix a nice dinner, American style. I have to say with my limited resources it was pretty good. It is so fun to watch Marcelo eat. He loves to eat and when he is done he claims it by saying, "ya". I'm sure our other kids are going to get a kick out of it.
We went to the District Christmas special tonight. Rich was in the choir. You can see that he is much taller than everyone else. The funny thing is, so am I. It is the first. The picture of the older lady...well, I just had to get a picture of her. She is such a sweet lady and what a character (in a good way) She has been in the church a very long time. Probably, when there weren't too many around. Then the picture of the couple...they are the missionary couple. She put this whole program together. Before her, there wasn't ever a choir. She did an amazing job with them.
The spirit was so strong and sweet. It is just what I needed. I felt my heart soften and the love in my heart grow during this program. I have to say, it is the first program in the chapel that I saw tons of people taking pictures and then asked to give an aplause. It was a great experience and a great turn out. Bro. Harrison said that since they have been there that it was the second largest turn out since they have been here. The other was a General Conf.
When the night was done, Marcelo exclaimed that he wanted to go back tomorrow to sing songs. He really enjoys going to church. He also loves watching all the kids. He misses being around other kids. He will very shortly be able to be a kid with kids very soon. I think it will be so good for him.
I have felt your prayers and I really appreciate them. It is making a big difference. love you all
jill








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say Mission President someday...:) Was Rich really that much taller or was he standing on his tippy toes to everyone could see him! :)))) Nice work kids. Yes, Marcelo will have all he can handle...had a fun time with the kids today...they are really great kids...even if I have to say so myself! Sure hoping all goes well this coming week. Keep the faith and keep smiling! Love ya's. -Big Daddie-

Carrie said...

looks nice! i can't wait to here more stories, you all should write a book! ha i get more and more anxious every time i read to meet marselo officialy and for my parents to come home! im already lovin the boy! he is soo cute and seems like he will fit in just perfect!
love you all sooooo much
-bry
(i fasted today for you all to come home for christmas)
love you sooooooooooooooooo much:D for eternity

Monique said...

I cannot tell a lie...that pic of rich with the choir is funny...classic Rich smile and standing out :) Praying for you guys as you start a very crazy week. Hope all goes well and you are buying some very expensive plane tickets home for Christmas :)Had a blast with the kiddos yesterday. They are doing great and can't wait for you guys to get home. Love you guys
Mo

Neal Family said...

I must concur that the pic of Rich in the choir is classic Rich:) What a blessing to have a missionary couple there while you guys are attending this past month. Marcelo is such a doll and will love all the kids. And the kids will in turn just love him.....theres a lot of love here man!:) Had tons of fun, I think we all needed a little christmas cheer in the home and let the kiddies just be crazy! Last night I asked all the boys while they had a bubble bath their favorite part of the day, Kiefer and Caleb both said the christmas caroling to your neighbors with coookies. And Treys favorite part was making the construction paper chain that is now on your tree:) He was awesome and fast at making that chain, him and Zion. Today the kids are staying over night at Judys and Trey` at Jessicas. I know they are so excited to have a slumber party with their cousins. Jill, your mom bought tons of groceries and has been so great with rides and food, she is soo sweet! Anyways, praying that everything goes smoothly this week and we see you sooner than later, I know the kids cant wait to see you all. In fact Sarah and Trey have songs they wrote for you guys to perform!:)