Sunday, December 13, 2009

Saturday and Sunday's post

Saturday, after heating the water by boiling it and showering, I was able to talk to Jayme before she got married. It was so good to hear her voice and tell her I love her. After that, we went to the park. It is a big park with a lake. We did the paddle boat and went around the island in the middle, which has animals living on it. It was a fun day at the park. We were able to buy some nice things from Ecuador. Rich is very excited about his hammock he got for $18.
My spirits were higher this day and it was good to get out and walk and play.
Rich started getting sick. He had a dream that said he had strep throat...In fact he does. Lucky, he brought medicine down and started on it right away.
Early evening I had a half hour of the blues and I said a prayer and then I said to myself that I wished there was a Baptism I could go to. Five minutes later the couple here serving there mission called and invited us to a baptism. It was good to go and sing and enjoy Christmas songs too. It lifted all our spirits. Rich crashed when we got home though.
Sunday
We were grateful that there wasn't a band playing outside our house all night long. Instead, there was a party with loud music and laughter that started at 3:00 am till 6:00.
Marcelo is testing the rules and limits. Today I was using english, spanish and sign language to get my point across. I just hope he got the right point. I laugh about that. Who knows what he got out of it. It could be something totally off the wall. Ha Ha
We went to lunch at the Harrison's house(the married missionaries) They are so kind. It was the best meal I have had here. My tummy was very happy. We then went to church.They had their primary program. It being all about families, it was interesting to see the different reactions Marcelo had with different songs. The primary did a great job.
After sacrament meeting, Rich received a blessing. It was nice to have Bro. Harrison and the elders to help with this. I love being able to have these resources.
It is fun seeing the different ways of life and embracing it. We are all God's children and he loves us all. I love seeing it through people's eyes at church in a whole other part of the world.
Thank you everyone that is helping with my family. It gives a whole new meaning to the saying,"You have done it unto me" I love my family and miss them. It gives me great peace that there are so many people loving them. Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries Jill, I'm beating them everyday! :))) Seems to be illness everywhere..trying everyone! I loved your testimony of attending the church and having the feeling of peace and love. It is so true. Last time in Australia I had the missionaries give me a blessing...it just continues to reinforce the truthfulness of this great work. We are so glad you are feeling better and especially your hand healing...A 5 year old pushing the limits...UMMM...HA!!!! He's just finding out how much you really love him...wait until he is with the whole gang....:)) It has been fun watching Trey with Zion...they are like good buddies and Monique said they played for hours putting together a puzzle yesterday...now how stinkin cute is that? HA! Mom is feeling a bit better today so it looks like things are looking up. :)) Just know we love ya's and miss ya's....I suspect we will all have great memories of all of this in the years to come! Sure love ya's! -Big Daddie-

Anonymous said...

I think we are all sore from dancing last night at the reception. I took pictures of how the gym was set up for you and Jennifer so check out my facebook for that too. mom and Jessica and I had a moment of silence for you and Jennifer. We missed you. May the Lord continue to bless you and hopefully it will be his will for you to return to us SOON. Love you.

Super Star said...

hey mom and dad!
soo im glad that you are all doing pretty good
im sorry that dad has the strep throat tho!
love u all so much
and hope u all have an amazing week
been praying for you all and love ya
LOVE YA and miss ua
bryanna