Friday, December 11, 2009

ok. So, I decided to put a new front forward. The Lord sure does know how to try us when we decide to do so. Last night, all the outlets upstairs in our house are not working, now. After waking up this morning to some issues with Marcelo we realized since the outlets aren´t working either is the heater that provides hot water for the shower. Poor Marcelo had to take a very cold shower. I boiled water to try to make the water not so cold for a sponge bath for me.. Didn´t work so well. I stuck my head under the fauset to wash my hair. I never have felt my head freeze before. I told this to Rich and he has the same response when I say things like this...TWO YEARS BABY..TWO YEARS. I decide to laugh, because I then realize, OK I don´t have it so bad.
My mother in law sent pictures of my hand to a doctor, so we were able to know what kinda medicine to change to. My hand is still a little swollen on one side. The other has thick chunks of skin coming off with raw skin under it. Rich keeps saying in his funny voice,¨" NO ,I´M NOT AN ANIMAL." He always brings humor to my life. I do feel blessed to have the use of my hand now.
It is different trying to earn trust of a child and trying to always find ways to communicate and bond. It is emtional exhausting at times. When a birth child is upset with their mother, the mother still knows that they are still loved by the child. In this case, if Marcelo doesn´t want to hold my hand or is upset about something and having that language barrier....I´m not sure what he thinks. It is hard and I´m finding strength and sometimes selfesteem from the Lord.
Rich is amazing. He has been so helpful and loving to both Marcelo and me. He is a bit homesick, too. Although, feeling more and more comfortable getting around, he is wanting to visit his old mission ground.
We found out our signiture is on Monday and the lawyer is going to try to get our court day that same day. Our lawyer is trying so hard, I pray her efforts will pay off.
Love you all, Jill

4 comments:

Jamie and Jennifer said...

Oh Jill. I have learned that at these times is when the Lord puts you in a situation where he is the only one you can turn to to receive the comfort you need. As you know! Just remember, it all does not need to be done right now. You are going to have a lifetime and more to bond and get to know Marcello. Have fun, do NOt take things so serious, it is not all or nothing. The Lord makes up for what we lack. Marcello is learning too, about how to interact with you and how you may feel. I read your blog and I can feel from you that you are being squeezed, for I know that feeling all to well! Live your day with no regret. YOu want to come home and look back with a calm feeling instead of feeling a lot of anxiety. I don't know if that just made sense.
YOu are planting seeds right now, not a whole tree.

I love you and miss you soo much! YOu are always a strength to me! Can't wait till you get home!'

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

The pictures look beautiful! Enjoy the time you have there and remember we all have you in our prayers here. Hopefully the Judge will let those prayers reach her heart and things will move along quickly. Take care and we will all be here for you when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Two years Jill two years...:))) he's a bad man... :) But always good to draw on past experiences to pull through! Glad you are feeling better...that hand stuff is scary...glad the Doc could help..sorry, I'm the guilty one, I sent the photo's...as instructed of course.. :)) So what does it mean to have your signature? Is that signing the final papers that you are going to adopt Marcelo?? We'll keep praying for the Christmas Spirit to enter the Judges heart and get ALL you kids home. Judy came and got the twins today so that was a great help! THANKS JUDY....This whole experience is giving us all a lesson in enduring...especially Marcelo..his life is upside down right now and I am sure he is one scared little boy. God bless and keep the faith...another weekend upon you...hope you get some hot water...I'm not a big fan of the frozen shower..A whole new type of torture! :)) Love ya's! )Alina's #14 today...first dance tomorrow night...rock and roll time) Big Daddie

Shaun and Lisa Neal Family said...

Jill, you are a fighter, I am impressed, you are going to come back a new woman, you can now brag that you are the only sister in law to serve a quasi mission in a third world country. That's bragging rights. I am glad you are taking Rich's humor to heart. Soak it all up, you will look back on this time as one of the most special in your life. Love you both, Shaun