Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ok, this is such a cute story for me. It puts a grin on my face when I think about it.
Yesturday afternoon I decided to go running. I haven't gone in about 7 weeks, so I thought I would get with it again. I put on my running clothes and headed down the stairs. As I headed down, Marcelo was heading up. Lets just say it was the first time he has seen my legs. (They don't really wear shorts where he grew up, especially the hermanas:) ) He started rumbing my legs with this stare in his eyes. He then went to Bryanna half laughing telling her I have shorts on. BUT, then I got on the tredmill. He stared at me for some time. I imagine he was thinking, what is she doing, how does that work(she is running in place on this machine with this thing that keeps moving), why in the world would she want to run in place, that is just odd.
I kept laughing to myself as I watched him looking in amazement. I have to be honest I ask myself those same questions sometimes.
Walking and excercise is a way of life there. You walk to where you want to go or take a taxi(if you can afford it or find one empty) I didn't see anyone "run" down there until the last couple of days. They looked like visitors.
Speaking of visitors. The last week Rich and I saw a couple walking down the street. My first thought was, "Oh, they surely aren't from here, they kinda stand out." I had to laugh at myself when I realized what I thought and said to Rich. After being there for some time. I felt much apart of the city and the people. I forgot that when people looked at me they were thinking the same thing about us, "they sure aren't from around here." I guess all things are in a matter of perspective :).

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

I'm loving all of these updates, even now that you are back to busy with 7 kids! Rich's last post made me realize that my kids will have some "new" things when we get back to the states. When he mentioned the water there, all the faucets here are seperate hot and cold, so you can't wash your hands with "warm" water in most places. And they don't really have drinking fountains here either.