Thursday, December 3, 2009

Today has been a remarkable difference than yesturday. Marcelo has been in such a good mood. He has been playful, talkative, and very much kidding around with us.
Yesturday he was very attached to Rich, but today it has been equal. This has made me happy. Yesturday, I felt frustrated with the language and very much of an outsider in everyway. I felt a healing today after I said my morning prayer. I even talked to someone in Spanish(a whole sentence without Rich's help or correcting me :) ) I do talk in broken sentences, but it has been difficult for me. I realize my spanish is good for basic needs and for a child. I did have a great teacher that gave me a good foundation. So, I'm building on it, slowly (or so it seems)
It was really neat when we did skype with the kids today. Marcelo was playing around with them. They would say he was "bonito". then Marcelo would say "feo", which means ugly. It was pretty funny. He really enjoyed Trey ( Marcelo has been excited that Trey is the same age).
So, things were going great til I wasn't thinking and showed a video of him and me playing. He realized it was at his school and he got really sad for awhile. BUT, he found comfort when we were putting his pjs on and he would not put on his top. He did put on my t-shirt that I wear as a pj top and he liked it. It was so cute, especially when he tucked it in (talk about a huge bulge).
We spent our day looking at a couple of places to rent. We are moving to a 3 bedroom apartment/house place tomorrow. It is alot cheaper. It will be nice to have more space for him to run around.
Rich and I have been a bit home sick. We at times feel like we have 2 families and lives. I look forward to being able to unite these two lives into one. I pray it will be sooner than later. Love you guys. We can feel of your prayers and have felt miracles from them. hasta manana.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have truly been blessed with him making it through the night...He seems to be adjusting pretty quickly....Do not worry about the language Jill, it will come...as for me, after Como sta I am finished. I have difficulty with English! :)) Brooklyn is back to eating regular foods so that is great news...out of ICU for the second time and we're praying that will be it..we keep praying she'll come home this weekend. Two weeks...she is ready to get on the floor and play! Sure enjoy the updates daily. Just know we love and miss you guys as well. But probably no more than Jayme! :)) Mom and Tasha are starting to prepare...Love ya's......Big Daddie

Coupon Clipper said...

Rich & Jill - you both are amazing. God Bless you both and your little Marcelo (sp?) Love to you all, Karen

ALB said...

Hey Jilli - The RS Christmas dinner was last night and WE MISSED YOU! The presidency did such a great job we had delicious soups, rolls, and a yummy dessert table of goodies. All of the sisters received the book Miralyn has been making. I had fun reading most of it last night. You have quite a few sprinkled through! You've got to read the one about Matthew McOmber and the blue sucker. We laughed so hard! Vicki Gibson, Amy Hanson, and Audra Bertagnole shared some of their joys and trials this year and they showed a slide-show video of activities through-out the year. You were represented well. It was a wonderful evening and everyone was talking about your family. Jayme is doing an AMAZING job and all is well. (In fact there's a sleep-over at your house tonight that the girls have been giddy over for a week!) I love reading the updates. Love you all - Amy

Button Up said...

Hang in there guys! I know it is an emotional rollercoaster, remember our Heavenly Father is in charge and He will guide you so try to relax and enjoy and know that this will work out in his time...