Friday, December 18, 2009







So today we pretty much chillaxed at home. It rained so Marcelo stayed home all day. He had a few moments of cabin fever but did pretty well. He and I played hide and seek for a while which was fun, Jill helped him hide and gave hints of where I was. It was really fun. I went out for a couple hours to go grocery shopping. We have found those are good moments for Jill to have the one on one she needs with him. I pretty much hung out at a bunch of stores to kill time, there is one American fast food restaurant by the grocery, it's the only one in Loja, ...that's right baby, Kentucky Fried Chicken. That and Daniel Boone are the only things people have to relate to when we tell them we're from Kentucky. I came home and all was well. He and Jill had gone through the pictures of the family on the computer and Marcelo was really excited about the Christmas tree from last year, Kiefer and Caleb's birthday with the cake and candles, the kids going to school, and the summer pictures of the pool. So much fun ahead for him. Jill went out in the afternoon for a little alone time. Yesterday and today are the first times she's walked out alone (don't worry Mom's, it's close to the house and very safe). She really enjoyed being alone for a while. So here's a fun story from a couple of days ago. Marcelo is loosing teeth at a very quick rate. He's only 5 and has lost 6 teeth, usually an 8 year old has lost that many. One of his front teeth was super loose, and having the dental itch going I kept trying to get him to let me pull it out, but he'd never stay still. It was hanging sideways at this point. He gets up in the morning, takes his bath, Jill is brushing his teeth, and out it pops! After all my hard work. Oh, well. It was a fun experience for them. He came running into the room and said, " Mom took out my tooth." So he now walks around with no front teeth. I guess we need to teach him, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." We are just waiting now until Tuesday when the work can begin to get us moving. There is alot that has to happen between then and Christmas Eve. Appreciate and love you all.
Rich

4 comments:

Jenni said...

YEAH!! So fun to see pictures of your new guy! Josh and I have so been enjoying reading about your journey, we sure miss Kentucky (but not more than you right now!!) You are in our prayers.

Jamie and Jennifer said...

Jill, I love the picture whre you are holding Marcelo and your back is toward the camera. You need to frame that one! Lots of work to be done? Well get to work and get home! LOL

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of Marcelo looking over Jill's shoulder. That needs to be framed. I just read Jenn's comment. Great minds think alike. that is too funny. I love you all and cont. to pray that the judge's heart will be softened and you ALL can be home for Christmas.

The Loesevitz Family - said...

I just love the tooth story! So fun! You and Jill are amazing parents.