Monday, February 1, 2010

Ok.....I guess the Lord wanted to test me from what I said in my last blog.
Sunday was a "hit hard day on Jill". WHAT? The day after I say I can't give up, I want to give up! Funny how that works. I guess everyone hits a day when they feel they are just empty and have nothing else to give. I thought of my kids last night. I realized they all had food on the table during their three meals, they were alive, and I DID tell them that I loved them. Maybe that isn't great, but tomorrow is another day. ....AND I survived
Rich was super great the whole day on Sunday. It was nice to have him home some of the time.
Today, I was able to sleep in a bit(thanks to Rich) and wake to Kiefer and Caleb climbing into bed to cudddle. They had this abc game that they were playing with. They kept pushing the "u" button. It would make the u sound and then say the word "underwear". They then would just laugh thinking it was the funniest word ever made. When they were finished with that they would brush my hair. It felt so good. They are so sweet and I really miss mornings like this.
I felt so good waking up to such happiness. I felt God was saying, "I know things can be tough, but here is some sunshine for you. Enjoy!!!!" Thus, I have felt that all day today. What a gift I have been given.
PLUS, dare I say it at 3:15 in the afternoon, there has been no time outs today AND I haven't had to ask Kiefer or Caleb to get off Marcelo's face, stop pulling his ears, stop pushing him, or to even leave him alone. IT IS A MIRACLE!!!!!!! They have played and laughed all afternoon. This is another gift today that I'm recieving with open arms.

2 comments:

amie said...

Thanks for your last couple posts Jill! You are amazing, and I really do feel you as you speak of the hard times. It was said perfectly. Ok, i think we need a girls night out soon!

Hollie said...

Jill, I love your honesty and I feel your pain and struggles 100% right now. I can't find where I put your email address, so sorry you are going to have a long comment. There are some days I think our 5 year old just might be the death of me, or I might kill him first. Wow, he can challenge me. The language barrier has been huge, because I just want to explain why I'm "mean mom" all the time. I got some great advice from a woman in our stake that teaches parenting classes, because I felt like his tantrums and pouting were winning. She told me to ignore everything bad unless it is hurting himself, someone else, or physical property. I tried it this week and it has truly worked. I found he would do anything for my attention, even if it was negative attention. We are trying so hard to praise the good things he does, so there will be more of them, and less of the bad. Now, I know why the lady at the embassy in Ethiopia reminded us there were no returns. We laughed at the time, but I must admit the thought has entered my mind on occasion. But, like you, I know this was part of Heavenly Father's plan for our family. I have received more guidance and strength the last month than any other time in my life. There has even been moments in the middle of the night, as Dag our 3 year old, has been having night terrors that I felt I was able to comfort and talk to him, and he knew exactly what I was saying. Hang in there. I'm glad to hear our dinner table isn't the only loud and crazy one. Hugs! Hollie