Thursday, May 20, 2010

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!
I am worn out. I had a flat tire today. So flat I couldn't drive on it. In the middle of all that going on I had a child who tested every bit of my strength. For hours today it was like someone pushing against me and me trying to keep my ground. Days like this leave me so longing for a better day.
The interesting thing is.... if I think of all the good things that happened, I can feel so different about my day.
The good things that happened today..........
-I went to spanish class...I love going to spanish.
-I got to visit with mom Neal
-I ate lunch with Tamara while the kids played
-Since the flat tire was not in my drive way AAA came to put on a spare one
-In the middle of a child pounding on the door in time out I went outside to enjoy the quiet and to read my scriptures and pray for help and calmness. While I did this a beautiful butterfly landed on my clothes and stayed there for a long time. It was so sweet at the moment.
-I got to vent to my sister who has a great listening ear...Jessica :)
-I was hugged and kissed by my hubby when he got home from work
-Dinner was soo good and easy(thanks to dinner group)
-I got to go on a wonderful run by myself, at night, in the beautiful weather outside. It ended my day so nice.
So, when I look at all the good things that happened today. I had a GREAT day. I loved my day.
Maybe, I 'll choose not to look at all the hard moments today and let go of all the yucky feelings. If I do this I'll be going to bed feeling really happy about my day and who I am as a person and a Mom. I think that sounds good. Good night ya'll.


3 comments:

Zaehringers said...

Thank you for sharing. This is exactly what I needed to hear. I will reflect on the good things that happened and not ALL of those moments where my kids challenged me.

amie said...

Me too- i had a child test me so extreme today- i failed. Costco and walmart hate me. But I am going to make my list of positive things that happened too!

Hollie said...

Jill, thanks for the perspective. I have been struggling so hard just to like my new 5 year old this week it isn't even funny. Just when I think I can see the light, it slips away for a time. Thanks to you, I am going to try harder to think of the positive things each day, and not just how much that child bugs me!! Hang in there. We can do this.