Friday, November 27, 2009

Ok Rich and I decided to keep a blog on our new adventure of bringing another boy into our family through adoption. We are leaving today for Ecuador to get our son Marcelo. He is in Loja. We started this journey a year ago. It has been such an amazing process. I have felt the Lord's hands in my life guiding us in every step. I have learned so much about children and being a mother. I have learned to trust those "special feelings" and trust in the Lord.
It has been such a rollercoaster of emotions this past week. I have prepared my home for me being gone for so long and realizing I will be gone from my kids for so long. ( I really love them).
I am emotional of missing my sister's wedding and missing the Christmas season at home. I love this time of year.
We related the story to our kids of how Christ left the 99 sheep and went to go get the ONE. I have a different understanding of the emotions that come with that. How sad to leave the others knowing what you will miss, loving them, but knowing that you love this one that is lost and how important to bring this one home.
The kids really liked that. Knowing if they were or ever lost we would do what ever it took to bring them home. Marcelo is apart of our family and we are so excited about bringing him home.
I hope he can and will feel our love and excitement to have him in our family. I wonder how he will adjust to a whole new life. He is losing everything around him that is familiar to him. I can't imagine what that is like for a 5 year old boy. He is my little hero.

4 comments:

Super Star said...

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR MARSELO!
he will be such an example to me of the stories you told us last night! thanks for that it all put things in a different perspective:D

Emily said...

You are incredible! What an adventure! I would love to hear how you came to decide on adoption and who you would adopt! What a blessed little boy to have you as his family!

Neal Family said...

Well guys, it is now almost 11:30 PM here on Friday night which means you are now in Quito...and in not so many hours headed for Loja....keep safe and know that the entire family is in our prayers...I have to admit these are all great grandkids...yes I am prejudiced and proud of it! :) Love ya's and will be thinking about you tomorrow....just let me know how many tears fall from your eyes.... :)) Love ya's...G'Daddy Neal

Button Up said...

We, too, know so many blessings of trusting in the Lord and the incredible deepening of love as you welcome Marcelo into your family. We will pray for your safety and a smooth journey and JOY--what is better than the gift of a little boy at Christmastime!
Love,
The Buttons