Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!
I ponder a year ago..last Thanksgiving....it was such a day of mixed emotions. I wanted to soak every moment with my kids. Rich and I were leaving for Ecuador the next day. I was ready to go get this new son of ours, but my heart was so sad to leave my other children.
I feel so blessed to be home with them this year. I spent the day yesturday baking rolls, cookies, and making chocolate covered strawberries. This is what I longed to do all last Christmas season with my children around me helping. I got to do that in preparing for Thanksgiving. I felt so grateful for all the many blessings of family, being together as a family, not having to be apart, and seeing God's hand in our families lives every day this past year.
It has been a very very hard year for me, but I see such tender mercies in my life and the lives of my family. I have felt guided how to teach and love my family. I have felt protected from so much at the same time facing so much heartache. I see the growth of our family's unity...
I'm here as a witness that Heavenly Father loves each one of us. He IS here to help us make it through what ever trial we face. He is there waiting for us to turn to Him so he can wrap His loving arms around us. He is there to enjoy with us all our joys that we face as well. We are His children. He knows us and loves us...I can feel it so strong even as I write this.
I am grateful for this knowledge. I am grateful for His love and knowing.. I am a daughter of God.

1 comment:

amie said...

Thank you Jill for your testimony and strength. I will never forget this time last year when you were in the middle of your own hard journey you thought of my family and served us. It will always be ans example to me.