Thursday, July 8, 2010

I have to share two cute stories with Marcelo..
The other day I was having one of those days. I told my kids that I was a grouch and if they wanted to have a nice day they won't talk back, pick fights, and they will say yes when I ask them to do something. ( I think the summer heat has gotten to their heads. I was at my limit with their teasings and throwing fits when I asked them to do something). I was leaving to go somewhere and I was getting in my car, while my kids were eating lunch at the table. The door from the house opened and Marcelo's head peeks out and he yells out..."I love you, mom!"
It was one of those moments when I really felt he meant it. I needed to hear those lovely words at that moment. My sweet little Marcelito.
My second story is...
Marcelo was yelling for me through the house, "MOM...MOM..MOM"
Savannah said,"What"
Marcelo said," No, my real Mom.."

To some this might be small, but to me...it was very sweet. We have come a long way. I used to be know as "the mom".....Now, he called me his real mom. Our relationship is so much better. We have moments now..sweet ones. I can tell he feels closer, more trust, and more comfort with me. We still have a lot further to go, but my heart is so grateful for how far we have come. I am grateful for how he comes up to me and hugs me, holds my hand as we walk, rubs my back or arm while we sit together at church. I am finding that we are having more of those sudden acts of love that a mother and child share throughout our days. I feel more depth as we both express our love for eachother.......I'm just so grateful, today.

No comments: